As I was leaving my house I looked up and saw clear blue skies. A perfect autumn day and a peculiar thought crossed my mind: oh shit, I forgot an umbrella. Now this may seem odd but let me explain. I had that though because in London, clear blue skies have a tendency of becoming windy rain in an instant. The entirety of the British Isles seems to be a repository for the excess rain the rest of the planet doesn't want. It makes sense when you look at a climactic map and see that the entire expanse of the forbidding North Atlantic is being pushed by winds and tides into a collision course with this collection of rocky outcroppings called the United Kingdom.
As for my initial fear, it turned out to be well founded because as I walked out of class less than two hours later, it was raining. And I was caught without an umbrella...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment