11 December 2009

Friday Subway/Metro/Tube Pictures!

This Friday's treat is a collection of pictures from global subways!!!!!! Are you excited? Fine, I'm probably the only one interested in this but enjoy anyway!

The London Tube is very literal in what they say. I once was on a train that was stopped for several minutes and the driver came on the speaker and said something along these lines "Oh, this isn't going to be good. If you can get where you need to go tonight on another line, do it! There's massive delays. All the way. The enitre line and the entire night. We will be stop and go. I strongly urge you to take another way home." Also when people fall under trains (it's happened multiple times when I've been in the station) they straight up tell you that's what's happened. None of this "technical delays" b.s. This is just more evidence of that bluntness:

What I find funny in this picture of an escalator on the London Tube is the middle aged man on the right who is awkwardly raising his hand to wave at the camera... The funniest bit it, I could so see this happening.



New York subway. 'Nuff said:

Yes, there are no elevator outages and yes, that is a good thing but the fact that the DC Metro has to announce that fact "at this time" on the overhead board is a bit worrying, don't you think?

The sci-fi-y Barcelona metro system:

London tube station in Kensington (aka, the rich part of town).

Stockholm's artsy subway stations:

1 comment:

  1. I must admit that your enthusiasm is rather contagious, because I thought this photo collection was very entertaining!

    As for the tube announcers, I WISH we had something like that for our metro system. Clear messages that can't be misconstrued, and I can't help but imagine chuckling to myself listening to the director tell me "I strongly urge you to take another way home"

    ReplyDelete