12 December 2009

What I miss from America most of all...

College football. Sure I can stream it in poor quality on my computer but that's not as good as watching it at home on TV. Which in turn is not as good as watching it with friends in a sports bar. Which is not as good as watching it in person in the student section of Lane Stadium in Blacksburg. But the absolute worst part is no one knows what I'm talking about when I say "Cincy hasn't had to face any real competition outside their conference" or "the ACC's Atlantic Division sucks! If Clemson if your star team, you're an embarassment to the country" or even if I say "we're going to a bowl game!" Although, to be fair I unfortunately know quite a few Americans who don't know what I mean when I say the above either (and I'm even friends with/related to some of these people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment